When your costs are equal we deliver unrivaled attention and resources
Selling your home can be an emotional roller coaster of highs and lows. Its course impacts a nerve center at the heart, your family, and finances. Selling and closing for the right price, requires countless steps and seasoned skill. Upstate NY Agents possess unparalleled integrity, experience, current market knowledge, and uses amazing innovative technologies.
We will insure your interests are represented to achieve a smooth transaction. By accepting our exclusive representation, you will benefit from our powerful resources. We explore multiple medias to achieve maximum exposure. From traditional advertising and to virtual reality online 3D tours, we will reach all buying demographics.
From the beginning, our complete attention and seamless coordination will gain you peace of mind to a successful closing.
Selling Your House for the Highest Possible Price
When you put your house on the market, chances are you’re hoping the following will happen:
- It will sell quickly.
- You will get the highest price possible for your property.
- The process will be smooth and trouble-free.
We’re the experts at achieving just that for our clients.
We’re proud to be the real estate team of choice for those who want a great experience selling their home. We take a “clients-first” approach, which means you’ll be working with a team of professionals that truly listen to you, promotes your listing aggressively, and keeps working until your property is sold and closed.
Due to our extensive knowledge of the local market, we know how to showcase your home effectively. We know how to set the listing price, so you get the most for your property. We know how to attract many qualified buyers. We know how to get that SOLD sign on your front lawn, fast.
Throughout the process, we’re with you every step of the way, making sure your questions are answered and that the entire experience is a positive one.
If you haven’t sold a home before, keep in mind that we work on contingency. We only get paid when your home sells. So there’s no risk.
Your Personal Consultation
To get started, we recommend scheduling a Personal Consultation with us. We’ll visit your home, do an assessment of your property, answer your questions, and give you our professional opinion as to how much your home may sell for and how long that may take.
If you plan to purchase another home in the area, we can talk about that too. In fact, there are significant advantages to having us help you with both transactions.
This consultation gives us both the opportunity to get to know one another and to see if there’s a good fit. You’ll learn how we work, how we market and sell homes, and how we attend to our clients’ needs.
After this consultation, although most people are eager to get started with us as their real estate team, there’s no obligation. This is a get acquainted meeting only.
So let’s meet. Please submit the form below or call or email us today to schedule your Personal Consultation.
The List of things we Do for our Sellers if applicable!
A lot goes into getting ready for the initial listing appointment. After an initial phone call, we will verify County Records and previous sales and do a thorough Market Analysis, prepare documentation. This process generally takes several hours before we even meet with a prospective client.
- Pull Property City and tax records
- Pull old MLS listing, if applicable
- Research property’s current use and zoning
- Research and verify legal description of property
- Pull comps on Active, Sold, Pending, Withdrawn, Expired, and Cancelled Listings
- Research “Average Days on Market” for property of this type and location
- Prepare Comparative Market Analysis
- Print Map of property and comps
- Prepare Agency Disclosure
- Prepare Listing Contract
- Prepare Seller’s Property Disclosure
- Prepare Closing Instructions
- Prepare Lead-Based Obligations of Seller
- Prepare Lead-Based Paint Disclosure
- Prepare Square Footage Disclosure
- Prepare Seller’s Request for Verification of Loan Information
- Prepare Showing Instructions
- Prepare Pre-Listing Packet
- Order delivery of Pre-Listing Packet
- Confirm time to meet with Seller
Meet with Seller to discuss market, pricing strategy, and options. Determine financial and time needs. Would working together be mutually beneficial? Prepare Net Proceeds for Seller. Discuss Staging of the property. If proceeding, fill out paperwork.
- Give Seller an overview of current market conditions and projections
- Discuss Comparative Market Analysis
- Discuss pricing strategy based on professional judgment and market
- Discuss goals with Seller to market effectively, including schedule for selling
- Explain role in taking calls to screen for qualified Buyers
- Discuss safety of lock box
- Discuss Agency
- Discuss Contract and all other disclosures
- Discuss availability of Home Owner’s Warranty
- Have Seller sign all paperwork
- Assist Seller with completion of Seller’s Property Disclosure form
- Discuss things that need to be done in home
- Staging Packet to Seller
- Get loan payoff information
- Have Seller choose preferred flyer template
- Get copies of leases, if applicable
- Ask for floor plan, upgrades, special features, detailed list of amenities
AFTER LISTING APPOINTMENT:
Place sign, lockbox, directional. Take measurements and pictures (after Staging). Verify all information and enter into MLS. Design flyers, do all internet input to multiple sources, put on web page, show property to prospective Buyers, discuss property with other agents, Broker Open, if applicable.
- Copies of all documents
- Prepare Seller Net Sheet based on List price
- Take interior pictures after Staging
- Take exterior pictures including Drone work in good weather
- Select best pictures, crop, and download
- Put in yard sign and directionals
- Get key and install Lockbox
- Enter listing to MLS and verify all information
- Download best pictures to MLS
- Download disclosures to MLS
- Make copies of disclosures
- Leave several copies of disclosures at property
- Design flyers for Matching Buyers to email to Realtors
- Input Seller into Management System
- Assist Seller in staging home for maximum price and quickest sale
- Make Showing Sheet for front desk
- Design mailers and postcards to Realtors
- Design and print flyers
- Design “Just Listed” cards and “Pick Your Neighbors”
- Mail Realtor, Neighbor, and Matching flyers/cards
- Design, print, and deliver flyers
- Compile list of completed repairs and maintenance items Seller has done
- Verify HOA fees and disclosures, if applicable
- Mail copy of Contract to Seller – include MLS printout and projected Seller Net Sheet
- Listing to www.Realtor.com
- Make “Special Features” cards
- Calculate average utility usage for last twelve months
- Set any number of showings
- Return all phone calls – weekdays, weeknights, and weekends!
- Verify with Seller after first few that Showing Instructions are being followed
- Call Seller weekly to keep updated
- Reprint and supply flyers promptly as needed
- Input all showings into Supra ekey
- Discuss feedback regularly with Seller
- Discuss Open House
- Show house any number of times to prospective Buyers
- If interested, get Buyer pre-qualified
- Do CMA every four weeks if market continues to change
- Call Seller with strategy if CMA different
- Amend/Extend if monetary change
- Change MLS, if applicable
- If price changed, send out email BLAST to previous Agents who showed home
- Reprint flyers
- Deliver flyers
Thoroughly review and discuss all offers, review Buyer’s financial qualifications and details of offer, prepare Net Sheet for Seller with offered numbers, negotiate and renegotiate as many times as it takes, sign offer or counter.
- Receive and thoroughly review all offers submitted
- Pre-negotiate with other Agent before writing, if applicable
- Discuss Buyer’s financial qualifications, terms, and times
- Discuss exclusions, dates, etc. with other Agent
- Review Contract Addendum thoroughly
- Evaluate offer(s) and prepare a “Net Sheet” on each offer for Seller
- Discuss offer with Seller
- Negotiate the offer and options
- Get pre-qualification letter
- Sign offer or prepare Counterproposal, if necessary
- Prepare and convey any counteroffers, acceptances, or amendments
- Acceptance Deadline Time
- Renegotiate however many times necessary and finalize
- Make applicable copies
- Convey signed copies to other Agent
AFTER CONTRACT SIGNED BY ALL PARTIES:
Make sure all Contracts and disclosures signed properly. Deliver Earnest Money and Contract to attorneys and have them order commitment, payoff from mortgage company, meet all deadlines, coordinate inspections and appraisal, explain moving and closing issues with Seller.
- Make sure Title work has been ordered
- Make copy of Earnest money and Contract
- Deliver check and Contract to attorney
- Notate dates on calendar
- Send date sheet to Seller
- Do necessary paperwork for unusual conditions
- If Seller and Buyer both our clients, do Change of Status Notice
- Copies of leases and damage deposit receipts, if applicable
- Have attorney order payoff
- Seller’s Property Disclosure Deadline
- Inspection Objection Deadline
- Resolution Deadline
- Property Insurance Objection Deadline
- Change status on MLS and print to verify
- Review all paperwork for signatures
- Get all necessary signatures
- Get POA signed and notarized
- Signed copies of Contract to Seller
- Remind Seller to notify Utility Company to stop service and do a “final read”
- Discuss with Seller advantages/disadvantages to continued showings
- Discuss what happens if other offers come in between Contract and Closing
- Change showing instructions in MLS
- Referral agent needed for Sellers new location?
- Resolve any Off Record Matters
- Have Seller notify Utilities, phone, cable, etc.
- Mail “The Moving Guide” with Change-of-address forms to Seller
- Set up closing time
- Call Buyer’s Agent and coordinate closing time
- Verify closing date and time and make all parties aware
- Call with time-verification of closing and directions to Seller
- Assist in solving any Title problems (boundary disputes, easements, etc.)
- Assist in obtaining Death Certificates, if applicable
- Discuss mover and time-frame for move-out with Seller
Make arrangements with all parties to coordinate inspection. Thoroughly review inspection report with Seller. Discuss items, willingness and advisability to fix, estimate of costs. Make arrangements with appropriate contractors and vendors to have items fixed.
- Set up Inspection
- Coordinate time with Seller, Agents, Buyer, Inspector
- Review Notice of Unsatisfactory Conditions with Seller
- Help Seller negotiate Inspection Objections
- Help Seller with repair estimates or a credit at closing
- Copy of Inspection Notice to file
- Verify prior to closing that all repairs have been made
- Get copies of repair receipts
- Fax copies of receipts to other Agent
Do current Market Analysis on property value if appraisal doesn’t meet the contract price. Coordinate and meet with Appraiser if needed. Make sure appraisal done in timely manner. Options if appraisal is low. Any appraisal conditions? Coordinate fixing items, if noted. Schedule final inspection.
- Set up appraisal
- Coordinate time with Seller, Agents, Buyer, Appraiser
- Do current CMA for appraiser if needed
- Meet appraiser with CMA
- If VA, make sure CRV ordered and completed
- Track Appraisal Deadline
- Verify appraisal completed and satisfactory
- If appraisal low, discuss options with Seller
- Discuss any conditions on appraisal with Seller
- Schedule final inspection on appraisal conditions, if applicable
- Verify all conditions met prior to closing
TRACKING THE LOAN PROCESS:
Track the Buyer’s loan progress with other Agent. Make sure all dates and deadlines are met. Keep Seller apprised of current situation. If Contract falls, begin from the beginning. Release of Earnest Money if within Contract dates.
- All paperwork to Lender
- Make contact with Lender and verify Buyer information
- Loan Application Deadline
- Buyer’s Credit Information Deadline
- Disapproval of Buyer’s Credit Information Deadline
- Existing Loan Documents Deadline
- Existing Loan Documents Objection Deadline
- Loan Transfer Approval Deadline
- Contact Lender weekly to ensure processing of loan approval is on track
- Notify Seller of loan approval
IF CONTRACT FALLS:
Begin from the beginning. Sign all documentation to terminate, and Release of Earnest Money if within Contract dates. Reinstate on MLS and all internet sites. Reissue flyers and start marketing process again.
- Fill out all necessary paperwork
- Re-input into MLS
- Sign Release of Earnest Money forms
CLOSING PREPARATIONS AND DUTIES:
Schedule a walk-thru with all parties. Confirm that all dates are being met, confirm if mail-out, POAs or other documents needed. Review closing documents and verify that all figures are correct. Deal with all last-minutes crises, make sure Seller brings keys, ID and GDOs.
- Schedule walk through with Buyer, Buyer’s Agent, & Seller
- Verify with Seller how proceeds of sale being received
- If mail-out, verify correct mailing address
- Confirm mail-out with Closer
- Title Deadline
- Title Objection Deadline
- Survey Deadline
- Survey Objection Deadline
- Document Request Deadline
- Property Insurance Objection Deadline
- Coordinate Possession Date and Possession Time
- Last minute bills and receipts faxed to Closer including HOW, if applicable
- Make sure Closer has all addenda, correct price, rents, or applicable credits
- Discuss closing figures with Closer
- Remind Seller to bring picture ID, keys, door openers, receipts, etc.
- If not receiving proceeds at closing, discuss Seller’s need for Cashier’s Check
- Deal with all last-minute crises
- Check file for any unsigned documents
- Coordinate this closing with Seller’s next purchase and resolve timing issues
- Have a “no surprise” closing so that Seller receives proceeds at closing
Enter the sales data to MLS and records for County. Remove signs, directionals, and Lockbox. Make sure file is completed and have it copied to disc. Change MLS to SOLD
- Change MLS to “SOLD”
- Store hard file at outside location
- Remove sign and directionals
- Remove lockbox